Wednesday, October 3, 2012

2 more pounds this is incredible!

We went up north this past weekend to Grand Marais for some hiking and a 4 day get away.  I was nervous that my eating habits would stray, and they needed to in order to have enough energy for our 6 mile, 9 mile, and 18 mile hikes.  I still ate far less then I would have before the diet.  Half a granola bar for breakfast, the first hike I tried to eat a full sandwich, granola bar, and apple, and I was miserably uncomfortable for the rest of the hike, that night I had a small plate of spaghetti I made in our cozy cabin.  

The second day I ate my sandwich and an apple, just right. I used low calorie bread, with only one slice of fat free cheese, a tablespoon of fat free ranch dressing, and roast beef, ummmm!  Plus the deliciousness of honey crisp apples that are ripe for the season right now, it was a treat!  For dinner we went to the angry trout where I had lake trout, a salad, and in lue of fries, asked for cooked vegetables, still a bit much but the fish was so worth it!

Next day we were in for an 18 mile treat!  I knew I needed some calories for this day but I was just not hungry, so I made myself eat half a granola bar, when lunch rolled around I stuck with the sandwich and apple since that was just enough.  My husband complained he was starving, but with this diet, I am just rarely  hungry, however knowing I needed calories for my strenuous hikes, I continued to eat more calories then normal.  For dinner, Sven and Oles Pizza!  What a treat!  I could only eat two slices where normally I could scarf down 4 plus ice cream if you let me!

I stayed the same weight throughout my trip, I was ok with that, happy to enjoy myself and still eat in moderation.  The past two days, starting the diet back in full force was a little different then I expected.  On Monday I was actually hungry, possibly having stretched out my stomach during my past 4 days.  Tuesday I was not hungry at all, and seemed full on less food.  

I am happy to report the Tuesday scale did move a full pound, and today another 1 1/2 pounds!  Sometimes I feel like it just melts off of me, what a wonderful feeling!  I can't wait to see the scale back in the 140's, hopefully tomorrow morning will tip the scale the right way.  I only have 10 pounds left to go, so much easier to stay motivated when I am so close to my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment